Friday, December 14, 2007

My first blog entry...

12/8/2007

I always wish that I would be able to keep up with a blog or a diary, because I think it would make for interesting reading for a lot of my friends and family and possibly even a book one day. Last year I decided to do a blog for my new years resolution, but I slacked off after about a week I think. I started thinking about how I would do it again this year and then I realized that it was foolish to wait until the new year to start it and if I was really going to do it there was no better time than now to start it.

I woke up late today...again. I got my adderall prescription filled and then headed to the Bellagio to put in a session before the The Wayne Brady show. I ended up winning $1253 in about 3-4 hours of playing. I had planned on walking to the show which was at the Venetian and started at 9:00pm. I had decided that I would leave at the dealer change that would take place at 8:30 and that would give me plenty of time to make it. Of course the last hand before the dealer change I get dealt pocket kings and end up playing a very difficult hand that took about 5 minutes. Luckily, I won the hand and it ended up being about a $1800 pot (half of which was profit). Anyway, this hand made it so I was running late for the show. I jogged over half of the way to the show and of course I sweating like crazy by the time I got there. I met Charlie, Denah, Clint, Hajja, and Clint's Grandpa at the show. The show was great. I have seen his show before, but since most of it is improv it makes it watchable many times. Andy Dick was in the crowd and Wayne pointed him out and Andy ended up on stage dancing at the end of the show.

After the show I went back to the Bellagio to play a little bit more. I played for a couple of hours, but the games were no good and I didn't get dealt any hands. I won $130 more or so, but I would have been just as well off going home.

I have been reading Mike Greenberg's book "Why my wife thinks I am an idiot". It was recommended to me by my buddy Matt Humphrey and it is pretty good so far. It is basically and collection of his journal entries and part of the reason I became motivated once again to resume my blog/journal.

I need to get some rest. We are grilling out tomorrow around noon for the IU-Kentucky game that starts at 1:00pm (it is currently 4:26am).

Also, tomorrow night is the Floyd Mayweather/Ricky Hatton fight, which I am pretty interested in after meeting Floyd in the hot tub at the gym the other night. I have since watched the HBO specials on the fight and I am more excited for this boxing fight than I have been about any fight since probably the Tyson/Lennox Lewis fight. All of the Europeans are in town and really betting heavy on Ricky Hatton, I think if you wait and bet on Mayweather right before the fight starts you will be able to get some good value out of it.

No comments: