Saturday, July 19, 2008

Well....that is just not how it was supposed to go down :(

I had a really frustrating day of poker today. I started off great and I was up about $1,000 in the first 30 minutes. Then before I knew it I was stuck about $300 somehow, but I felt like I was still playing great. Since I felt good I decided to mix in one table of 5/10 and see how comfortable I felt there. I lost some smallish pots there and was only down about half a buy-in, but it just seems so much worse because it is more money than you are used to losing. I ended up making a few hands there and won about $400 in the 5/10. I am going to try to continue to add in 1 or 2 tables of the 5/10 when the games look good. Anyway, everything started turning around and all of the sudden I was up over $1800 when the following hand took place:

First of all, I know this player is a huge fish, because earlier I called her raise preflop with 44 and the flop came 224, she (her name was every1luvsjeni) bet the flop and I called, the turn was a 9 and she went all-in with 55 and I of course called and won. Then in the chat she says "nice suckout" as if it were some horrible bad beat I put on her since she had the best hand preflop and proceeded to put the rest of her money in when she was way behind. Anyway, I had position on her and somehow she had built her stack up to $1400 and I had her covered. She raised and I called with TT, the flop came AT7 with two hearts. She bet $57 and I min-raised her to 114. She thought for a second and just called. At this point I am fairly certain she has a big ace and I am going to win a huge pot as long as a heart doesn't hit the turn and kill my action. The turn is the Ace of diamonds and she checks to me. Since I already know she is a bad player I know there is no way she is ever folding if she has a a big Ace like I thought. We were both really deep so I wanted to try to get as much money in now as I could so I could make another big bet on the river. I decided to overbet the pot and made it $320 when the pot was only $285. She instantly went all-in for $1300! If she has 4 aces or aces full of tens she is just gonna have to bust me I suppose. I snap called and the river was the unfortunate 7 of clubs giving her Aces full of 7's. Its always tough losing a $2900 pot, but especially when it was about $1700 bigger than any other pot I played today and I was an 85% favorite when all the money went in.

That hand REALLY took the wind out of my sails and it immediately made me a little gun shy and fearful of going on tilt. I tried playing for a little longer since I had only been playing about 4 hours, but I just didn't feel like I could play my best right then since I didn't feel like being aggressive at all. I lost a few more pots and just decided that I would cut my session short before I let that one hand affect my play anymore. I also thought about how it could even affect my play tomorrow if I kept playing and ended up losing a bunch at the end of my session today. So I quit early and ended up winning $90 in almost 4.5 hours. That one hand could have really been a huge boost to an already successful week, but thats just the way it goes.

I have been playing my A-game all week and I look forward to doing it again tomorrow.

So far this is how my week looks:
18 hours
+$2794

I am off to the store to buy some ant killer. Since I got back from Cabo there have been a few random ants around the house. Today must be their party day though. There are a ton of them in the pantry feasting on some stray reese's peanut butter puffs on the floor. The worst part is that somehow a few ants have made it all the way back to my desk in my office. When I look at my desk I never see any ants, but then all of the sudden I will feel one crawling up my arm while I am playing! I kill it and go on since there aren't any more on my desk anywhere that I can see. An hour later another friend finds his way to arm again! Still none on my desk though. Anyway, I had about 4 ants appear out of nowhere and crawl up my arm today so I think it is time this gets taken care of.

Those ants are supposed to be crawling, but I can't get it to work right. They craw right when the page loads up, but they don't keep crawling. If you want to see them crawl, click refesh and scroll down really quick.

No comments: