Monday, July 14, 2008

I think my little vacation is serving its purpose....

I usually take vacations when I get bored with poker and/or feel like I am not playing my best in hopes of regaining some motivation to play better and more poker while also enjoying it. It is really tough to win at poker when it feels like a grind or you are playing only because there is nothing else exciting to be done instead. As much as I love poker it does get a little boring if you don't take some breaks to keep yourself fresh. I have done plenty of lounging by the pool and just relaxing in general that I am starting to get back the itch to play some poker.

I have two scheduled trips coming up but besides those I hope to get in a lot of hours playing while I am in Vegas. My two upcoming trips are to Louisville in early August and to Evansville in early September. I am going to Louisville to play in Landon's member guest tournament if we get my GHIN handicap card situation squared away (it has been a pretty big hassle so far). My trip back to Evansville is for my 10 year high school reunion, which I am really looking forward to since I helped set it up and it will be full of my friends. I may stay a little longer in Louisville and take a trip to Landon's lake house. Hopefully we can arrange that Jon meet us down there for that. Who knows how long I will stay in Evansville...it could be just for 3 or 4 days or it could be for 2 or 3 weeks. A lot of that depends on the softball and PLO at aztar situations. I would love to fill in on some old pals softball teams while I am home since that is one the things I miss most about living in Vegas. If the PLO action is good it is always a great time and I like playing with that crowd.

I am typing this blog while laying out by the pool and some sweat is starting to run down my side. I think I will end this now, hop in the pool, and swim over to the swim up bar for a virgin Miami Vice.....half Strawberry Daquiri and half Pina Colada without the alcohol of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. Looking forward to your Evansville visit.

DAD

sewster said...

DHIN? Don't forget your Oct. trip - Kyle's wedding? Mom