Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 3 of 1-Week Challenge = Yay swings!

Well, today started pretty crappy and got worse until at one point I was down about $2,000. I made a really good comeback and at one point I was up around $700 until I finally ended the day -$519. I believe I played pretty well today and did a really good job of staying aggressive and picking up small pots when no one showed much interest. To say the deck was stacked against me today would be a very accurate statement. I only got aces 5 times out of 2,458 hands and the most I ever won with them was $55. It will always be hard to have a winning day when things go like that for you with Aces, but to make up for my lack of aces though I got Kings 25 times and Queens 18 times. I should have had each of those pairs around 11 times. While it seems like a great thing that I got KK and QQ so much 3 of the times I had KK someone had AA and I lost over $1,000 with QQ today. All total I ended up losing $713 with AA, KK, and QQ today. That kind of makes me feel good though, because that means I was a winner today with all other hands combined.

One funny hand today that ended up going my way with KK when the other guy had AA:

This one guy seemed to have my number in every pot we played against each other. He had already stacked me for a full buy-in at $600 NL with his AA vs. my KK once about an hour ago before this hand came up. I raised in the cutoff with KK, he 3 bet me from the button, and I four bet to $160. He thought for a while and eventually went all-in and I was instantly sick to my stomach. I just knew he had Aces again, but I can never really fold here. Anyway, it was $240 more for me to call and I typed in the chat box "Well, Smurf (his name was Smurf fitt) if you are going to have AA everytime I get KK today you are just gonna have to get my money" and I called. He obviously had Aces, but I ended up making quad kings! It was just one of those days where people kept holding overpairs that were bigger than my overpairs. It was a pretty bad beat for him, but it actually seemed really fair to me, haha.

So now my week looks like this:
16.37 hours played
8,236 hands played
+$2,704
Running @ 4.00 BB/100

So even though I ended up losing a little bit today I think it was a productive day of poker considering the cards I was dealt. I'd prefer not to have the big swings that I had today as they can wear on your confidence a lot.

For your viewing pleasure....here is a picture math equation summing up my day of poker, enjoy:


YAY SWINGS!

No comments: