Friday, July 4, 2008

Ok, its been a few days and my fans want more....

It is always rewarding when people that read my blog get mad at me for not updating it often enough. This time it happened to be my roommate, Channing, that was tired of looking at my mspaint skills and needed some more info. on thakilla to feed her addiction. Nick (Channing's boyfriend and also a roommate) wanted it to be known to all of my readers (a total of six if you count both of them) that she is not only my biggest fan, but also my best looking fan. I argued that my mom, dad, and grandma might want to disagree about Channing being my biggest fan, but I'll go ahead and give her the best looking award (really she is second place behind you mom, but don't tell her I said that...shhh). However, if you are some super hot chick that anonymously reads my blog and wants to compete for the hottest fan award don't be shy about sending me your picture. (Note to my friends: Don't even try it, because I won't believe that the picture you send me of a super hot chick from an email address you made up is the real deal).

Nothing has really been going on lately. I have still been doing well at PLO since my last blog and I haven't been swimming in the mornings like I want to. I lost a little bit yesterday and won about that much back today. So technically, the doctor could have come to see me each of the last two days, but he didn't really need to. Yesterday I played well, but ended up losing because I followed a fish to a little bit bigger game and ran poorly in that game. Today, I started off down almost $2,000, but remained focused and made a roaring comeback to end up winning just over $600. There was a super duper fish in one of my games and kept beating me pot after pot in hands that I was getting in with the best of it. I looked at poker tracker and at one point he himself was up over $1100 vs. me in pots we had played against each other. When he finally went broke he ended up only winning about $300 from me. There is nothing more frustrating when a horrible player beats you out of money and you have to watch him donate it to the other decent players in the game. It was a little bit satisfying to make a small comeback against him, but still frustrating to end up down to such a bad player.

So, tomorrow I am going to play in the Main Event of the World Series of Poker. I wanted to play on Sunday, but they have closed registration for Sunday for now and are forcing people to sign up earlier. I had to settle for Saturday, but that won't be so bad. Now I will be able to watch my buddy, Jeff Overton, win his first PGA tournament on Sunday afternoon. He is currently tied for 1st place at 9 under par with one other player after the first two rounds. I ended up selling $5,200 of myself in the tourney tomorrow, but I will be playing for 54.5% of the total profits.

I have a good feeling about the tournament. I might try to see if I can figure out someway to send updates from my cellphone to my blog to update people that want to know how I am doing (I tried for about 45 minutes and couldn't figure it out so you'll have to wait until I'm done to get updated....I have a buddy working for pokernews so I'll try to get him to include my name in the chipcount updates). You can find those at:
http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2008-world-series-of-poker/main-event/

Click on day 1c and select chip counts....hopefully you'll be able to find me somewhere near the top.

No comments: