Monday, January 21, 2008

Told ya so...

I know you woke up today wondering if I had made my roaring comeback that I predicted yesterday after my super rough start. Well, after my break I played about 1100 hands and ended up winning about $930 for a profit of $144. Then I got the invite for another shenanigans $105 tournament at The Orleans. Of course I didn't cash....again, but at least this time I didn't have to play forever before I busted out. Micon, Mike, Bill, and Kevin all played in it. Bill doubled up on his first hand and also was the first one of us to bust out! Bill was followed my Mike, then Me, then Micon.....Wait, but when did Kevin bust out??? He didn't! Kevin ended up getting a pretty sweet chop deal by offering to add an extra $200 to the 2nd place money and he ended up pocketing $2,000. He obviously shot a little bit off at the roulette table on the way out (not sure how much) and is playing live right now. Money might burn a hole in his pocket faster than anyone I've ever met.

So, a couple of nights ago I was feeling squirrely and decided I would play some 8/16 Omaha 8 or better. I am not the best O8 player in the world and I very rarely play it, but every time I do I feel like the players I am playing against are WAY too loose and I run pretty badly at it. Maybe I just don't know the game well enough to realize why I am losing at it (very possible). Anyway, I lost $431 and it was another typical O8 session for me. I guess I'll try again in 6 months.

So after my O8 hiccup and my rough start yesterday I am only at +$1011 with about 8 days left. My chances are looking slim to get to my $5,500 goal, but with a two or three really solid days I can still get there. I am not sure when I am going to play any poker today. I have bowling and then a small party to go to after that. I will have more to say about that tomorrow. This will be my first time bowling in a while and I am not sure what to expect. Just for fun I'll set my goal for the night at a 500 series.

No comments: