Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hip Hip....

...Hooray!!

I've reached my goal and I still have a day to spare. I played in the Sunday Tournament on Full Tilt today at the same time I played in some cash games. Once again, I didn't cash in the tourney and I also decided to make some side bets with a couple of guys on NWP. I lost $125 in those so that was $340 down the drain due to more tournament shenanigans. Once I busted from the tourney I got back on the grind and opened up my standard 8 tables of cash games. I have managed to run my full tilt account back up to a decent amount so I decided I would give some 5/10 NL a shot. I played 5 tables of 2/4 NL and 3 tables of 5/10 NL. For some reason there is hardly ever any 3/6 NL full ring games, but there are some full ring 5/10 games from time to time. It kind of sucks because you can't really make a very smooth transition moving up in limits when you have to jump from 2/4 to 5/10 skipping the 3/6 level. I don't think the play is much tougher at 5/10 than it is at 2/4, but it is kind of hard to get used to the money difference in the games. One thing I have to watch out for is that the losses can pile up a lot faster at 5/10 and quickly affect your confidence which will inevitably affect your play. At 2/4 it doesn't really phase me to get down a couple of buy-ins....at 5/10 a couple of buy-ins is $2,000 and that is certainly no fun.

Anyway, I didn't feel like I played my best poker today. It was kind of weird keeping the tournament mindset separate from the cash game mindset. It kind of got me out of my cash game groove and started to tilt me a little bit. Once I got back to playing all cash games I started playing a little better. I ended up winning about $1900 at 5/10 and lost about $350 playing 2/4. All in all I ended up winning $1,227 for the day and that puts me at +$6,163 for the 9 days since I have been back in Vegas. Not....too....shabby. I might play a little bit tomorrow, but I have bowling as well as some errands I need to take care of before I leave town on Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll bowl as well tomorrow as I did the previous week.

Getting the results that I knew I would if I could force myself to put in the hours and hands that I needed to is a pretty satisfying feeling. However, it makes me realize how much I take my ability and the situation I am in for granted. Sometimes, I feel like a monkey could beat the limits that I play and I start to lose the challenge that poker is supposed to provide. I get the feeling that some other people (mostly people outside of the poker world) feel the same way. One of my friends said to me the other day "It must be nice to make so much money so easily". I kind of resented that statement at the time and it made me think to myself....Hey, if is so easy, why don't you do it...or why doesn't everyone do it? The truth is there are TONS of people that try to do what I do and for whatever reason most of them can't do it. Hopefully, I can continue to keep putting in the hard work and making the money that I should.

The pizza man just caught a good break...since I was in the mood of feeling that I don't always deserve the money I make I tipped him $9 on a $21 pizza. Oh well, good for him. Time to eat!

No comments: