Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I guess I bowl like I golf.....

It seems like every time I take a really long break from golf I always play surprisingly well my first time back. Well, I hadn't bowled in a month and last night was my first night back. I bowled a 183-147-215 for a 545 series. It seemed like I bowled really well and I guess I did compared to what I was expecting, but I just now realized that I bowled almost exactly what I my average says I should. My average for the season is 181 and that would put me at a 543 series. Oh well, it felt pretty good to do average.

I took the entire day off yesterday from poker not really because I felt like I needed a break, but it just didn't really fit very well into my schedule. I woke up late then had bowling at 6:00 and then my first ever Martin Luther King Jr. Day party around 9:00pm. Before I tell you what happens at a MLK party I offer this disclaimer: I swear I am not racist and don't think any of my friends really are either. However, for our MLK party we obviously catered our own party with Fried Chicken and had grape soda and 40 oz. beers to drink. Also, the racial/stereotypical jokes were rolling off everyone's tongues rather easily throughout the party. All in all, it was a good time. The guys swear they want to invite a token black guy next year, but I am not sure that would be such a good idea.

After taking all of yesterday off I had a really solid day of poker today. I played almost 5 hours, almost 2700 hands, and won $1,490. I ended up having AA dealt to me 19 times and under a normal distribution I would have gotten them around 12 times. I only lost with them one time and ended up winning almost $1100 just off of my Aces. All of these things usually are pretty indicative of a really good session. Having said that...I think the games online are getting MUCH softer recently. There are lots of new ways people can get money online and I am starting to notice more and more terrible players losing more than just one short buy-in. Also, there have been way more full ring games running than there have been in the past. Hopefully both of these trends continue, because the games had been pretty stagnant online ever since about 6 months after the online gaming legislation passed.

+$2501 with 6 days left. Today was a good step in getting me to my $5500 goal, but averaging $500/day for 6 days in a row is no easy task. I'll give it my best shot though.

No comments: