Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another good one in the books....

It seems like I am on a little mini-heater, but really I am not running any better than what I should be. Since I have been back to Vegas I have played a little over 12,000 hands and I am running at 4.13 BB/100 hands. I expect to run somewhere between 4-6 BB/100 hands. In the past two days alone I have played almost 5,000 of those 12,000 hands and I have run at 6.3 BB/100 hands. So, I guess the past two days are just slightly above what I should expect, but the real reason I am winning more money than I am used to is because I have been playing 8 tables instead of 4-6 and I am putting in lots of hours.

Today I played 2,371 hands in almost 4.5 hours and won $1,281. That puts me at $3,782 since I have been back with 5 days left to get to my $5,500 goal (now it is down to only $343/day!) and its looking like it might be reachable as long as I can keep putting in the hours everyday. I realize it doesn't seem like 4 or 5 hours a day is much at all and that I should be able to put in 10-12 hour days since all I am doing is sitting in my pajama pants and a T-shirt with my laptop on my lap. Playing 8 tables for that many hours can really wear you down pretty quickly and you can't really afford to not be your sharpest, especially with that many tables going.

Sorry for all the numbers, but I am kind of a stats freak. I'll leave you with one hand that I played today that could have made my day even better!

**Warning**
It is a bad beat, but I really don't care about losing the hand because I felt like I really manipulated the other player into making a huge mistake.

I limped UTG with Kc Kh and three other players limped in as well. The SB raised it to $30. I felt like he was doing this with a pretty big hand and I HATE having to get all-in with Kings preflop, because people just don't get it in within anything less than KK or AA anymore these days it seems. We both had almost full stacks ($400 each). Anyway, I just smooth called and the player on my left called as well, everyone else folded so we took the flop 3 ways ($98 in the pot).

The flop came Ks Ts Qd. The original raiser led out $80 and I knew I had him in pretty bad shape. I felt pretty strongly that he had AA.. I didn't want to just smooth call, because the player behind is pretty wild and I didn't want him coming in cheaply with a flush or straight draw. I pushed all-in for $362 and the player behind be instantly folded. Now the original better went into the tank and started to let his time bank run down. I knew he didn't have AJ (the only real possible hand that is ahead of me in this spot) and probably still had AA and possibly AK? Anyway, I knew that I really wanted him to call. As his time bank was getting close to expiring I typed in "17 outs" hopefully making him think I had a open end straight and a flush draw with a hand like JTs or another J suited hand in spades (even though these aren't really in my range here)....he almost instantly called with Ac Kd!! Now, the only way I could lose the hand was if a Jack hit or it went running aces. A jack hit on the turn and now I still had redraw outs to a full house...I didn't get there. He then typed in "Nah, 4 outs are good enough". I then typed "lol, nh". He says "sorry". Obviously, I didn't like the end result, but I felt like I definitely had an impact in him calling my bet (even though he most likely wouldn't have folded anyway, because most people just tend to go crazy with top pair). Anyway, I win that pot somewhere around 85% of the time and that could have very easily been a $819 boost to my already solid day.

No comments: