Friday, January 25, 2008

I hate to say it, but it kinda felt like work today :(

As soon as I started playing my session today I really wasn't in the mood to play and I never really got anymore motivated to be playing either. I started off up about $400 right off the bat, but then lost about a $1200 3-handed pot when my set of 5's were up against a short stack with nothing but a gut shot and a guy that had me covered with an overpair of Kings. The big stack hit his 3rd king on the river to win the pot. That hand happened within the first hour of playing and it made me even less interested in grinding for another long session. However, since I had taken so much time off recently I told myself I needed to put in the work and I managed to get myself to play 2,822 hands in a little less than 5 hours. I ended up booking a $393 win...as it turns out this was the most I was ever up throughout the entire day. It is kind of crazy to win almost $400 in about 5 hours of work and to still feel like the day was pretty much a waste. My hourly rate for the day was $82.18 which seems pretty decent when you put it that way, but the session was so uneventful and almost boring that it didn't feel like a success.

Here is a graph of how boring my poker day was....2,800 hands and never up more than $400 or down more than $700. At least I ended up in the black (click the graph to make it bigger).


That puts me at +$4,030 with 4 days left to get to my goal. I would be a little bit higher, but I played a $105 HU sit and go last night that I lost and I took 1/4th of Kevin's action today in a tourney that he didn't cash in. Anyway, I need to win $1,470 in 4 days which seems very doable as long as I can put in the work.

No comments: