Thursday, May 1, 2008

Slow start to week 4...

Yesterday, I started off playing 6 tables of $600 NL, but really wasn't feeling very confident about my play and didn't feel like I had much of an edge in the game. If I didn't feel like I had an edge in the game it is possible that I was a dog in the game. The players are $600 are noticeably better than they are at $400 to me. You just don't get any of the random people trying to give away money at $600 NL like you do at $400 NL. I was doing really well despite feeling a little over-matched and then I lost two big hands in a row and decided to take a break. I checked my pokertracker and I was up $0.35 after over 1200 hands....yes 35 cents. Anyway, I decided to play $400 NL and won $478 in 932 hands. I just wasn't very motivated to play much poker and I wasn't giving it my full attention either. I was chatting and messing around on the internet (while I was playing 6 tables) and that is no good at all.
I decided I would take today off from poker and try to regain some motivation for tomorrow. I have piddled around a little bit on Cake Poker just playing two tables at a time and wow are the games good on there. In two different sessions in about 1.5 hours total I have won a little over $1400. So even though I have only played about 5 hours total in the first two days of this week I am still up around $1900. Hopefully tomorrow I can put in a decent session and get back on track. Also, I finished this month with over $2,000 in rakeback which is the most I have ever gotten. I played 56,507 hands (this only includes hands on full tilt) this month so I guess that is my new record. That makes me feel pretty good and realize that I did a decent job of putting in the work, especially since I missed the first month of April due to my cruise.
Since I took today off I played golf with Richie and Kevin at Badlands. I shot 81 with two balls out and a 9 on number 9. I won from Kevin and lost to Richie and I ended up breaking about even for the day as far as golf gambling goes.
It's time for me to hit the sack...hopefully I have a long day of grinding ahead of me tomorrow.
Prediction: 4,000 hands and 5+ buy-ins (probably mostly at $400 NL) tomorrow.

No comments: