Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I tried, I really did....

After writing my last blog I tried as hard as a could to maintain a positive attitude while playing today, but I could not do it no matter how hard I tried. I think a break is the only thing that will cure my jadedness towards poker at the moment.

This image is very symbolic of my current feelings while playing poker.

I may be reaching for straws here, but bear with me while I explain how this summarizes my poker game.....

  • I feel like I can't think outside of the box at all and I am playing a very exploitable robotic style of poker.
  • I feel like the box that I am stuck doing my thinking inside of is made of glass and everyone can see my cards and/or knows exactly what I am thinking.
  • It seems like I haven't made a correct value bet, bluff, or call in ages....the regulars are crushing me and even the terrible players are making me make mistakes....boo hoo me.
I just can't seem to break out of this funk for some reason. I tried really hard for the last 7 weeks to grind and grind hoping that it would turn itself around, but it feels like I have regressed and the games are constantly getting tougher. I don't want to throw a pity party for myself and I don't expect anyone else to either. More than anything I just want to write my current thoughts down so that when I do turn things around I will be able to look back and compare the differences of my mindset when running good and bad.

I am going to try to take the next few days off and get stuff a little organized to move houses and hang out with Derek and Joey before they leave town.

No comments: