Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sooooo dumb!

My roommate Josh's recent success coupled with the insane win rates that I know other people have been able to achieve at 6 max poker has motivated me to try my hand at it for the last few days. Well, basically.... it sucked! The first day I was winning nicely at first and then got sloppy in the last half of my session and ended up a pretty good loser. The second day I I started losing right away and then went on a really good rush. At one point I was up over $2700 for the day. Somehow, I managed to lose about $2200 in about my last 260 hands! It was one of the most discouraging days of poker in recent memory :( I also played some 6 max PLO last night when I was bored and won $654 in almost no time at all. All total I lost $284 playing NL and won $654 playing PLO for a grand total of $370 in about 5,000 hands and 12 hours of playing during the last two days......GROSS!

To say that I had a a few swings in the last two days would be a bit of an understatement (nice finish huh?)!



All that being said....I think I really have a much bigger edge playing 6 max games than I do playing full ring games. I have to play fewer tables and can't play as many hands per hour, but it isn't that that far off since you get more hands per hour at the 6 handed tables than the full ring games.

Today is the end of my second week of the seven week stretch that I am trying to really put in tons of hands/hours. The first week sucked and the second week was a little better even though I feel like it could have been much better. Hopefully, I will do better in week 3 than I did in week 2....I will certainly give it my best effort.

This is how my challenge is going so far....

Week 1
Online: -$2,712 (28 hours)
Live: +$1,297 (8 hours)
Total: -$1,415

Week 2
Online: +$6,328 (36.5 hours!!)
Live: -$1,265 (8 hours)
Total: +$5,063

Total
Online: +$3,616 (64.5 hours and about 29,000 hands)
Live: +$32 (16 hours)
Total: +$3,659 (About 80 hours total)

That is kind of depressing after putting in such hard work for the last two weeks and only being up that much money. I kind of just cheered myself up by writing that last sentence. It made me do the math and realize that despite having two pretty awful weeks of poker I still made over $45/hour. Even though that is way below my expected hourly rate I know there are lots of people that would do some pretty crazy things to get a job that paid that much....during a good week. I know that if I keep putting the work in I will end up having a really successful 7 weeks with a much higher hourly rate. I am shooting for $130/hour by the end of my challenge....we'll see how that goes....it'll be tough after such a slow start.

My weight lose goal...kinda stalling out. I have been eating great and still haven't eaten fast food ONE TIME! I have lost around 7 pounds, but I have only been to the gym once since I decided to start going (such a slacker). I am ahead of pace right now, but as well as I have been eating I should be doing awesome if I could just get to the gym even a little bit.

Week 3 is gonna be the week where I start crushing both goals...lets hope so anyway!

No comments: