Sunday, February 17, 2008

Erased!

I played about 8 hours today and completely erased all of last week's loses. That feels good. I started out the day playing some tournaments and lost $162 in those, but then won $1618 in the cash games for a total of +$1456. I ran at 9.65 BB/100 hands today which is better than I will average in the long run, but isn't totally out of the ordinary for any one session in particular. On a little bit more of a disappointing note....my BB/100 hands rate has fallen to 3.39 over the 76K+ hands at $400 NL I have in my laptop's database. I would like to see that get to somewhere between 4 and 5 and I think that is attainable if I improve on my play against some of the regulars that are in the game. Most notably, pay them off less frequently on the river. Almost all of the regulars in the game lose a lot of their aggression on the turn and river, are tight players in general, and usually if they are making big bets on the river they are going to have a hand. It feels really good when you make a great call against a regular, but it also really sucks paying them off.

Josh and I are going to head to the Bellagio and put in a few live hours. It is kind of a nice schedule I have been on lately....play most of the day online and then go wind down at the Bellagio for a few hours at night (and win money).

**I won $500 exactly at the Bellagio in about 3 hours of playing. That puts me at +$1956 for the day and is a great start to the week.

No comments: