Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Opposite day....

I had been losing or barely making any money online during the day and then going to the play live at night and booking winners. Well, today I did things oppositely.....I won $1,038 online and then lost $1,765 at the Bellagio. When I was on my bad run last week I had decided to cut back my tables to only 6 and tone down my aggression a bit to lower the variance and try to grind out some profit. I was using this approach for all of yesterday and the first half of today and it ended up being exactly what I had expected....a grind. I gradually lost (-$352) yesterday and was just barely winning for the first half of today. After the IU game was over I decided to try to play a much more aggressive style and it worked out really well. I am going to try to play this style tomorrow again and see how it goes. I feel like when you push your small edges instead of always trying to keep the pot small you are actually going to have a higher win rate in the long run even though you are going to run into some big hands sometimes and lose more than you normally would. Considering how many hands I am getting in per hour it shouldn't take long for the small edges I'm pushing to pay off.

So far this week I am....

+$2,494 Online
and
-$1,265 Live

I am looking forward to playing online tomorrow and pwning some n00bz faces!

No comments: