Monday, February 25, 2008

Some times you just get lucky....

Well, the first two days of my 3rd week were just as crazy as the rest of my 6 max play. This is a graph of the beginning of my day today. I got REALLY lucky today in a couple of big pots or else I would have had another bad day. But sometimes....you just get lucky! :)


I usually don't talk about specific hands, but this one kind of deserves to be talked about I think (not a bad beat story)....

It feels like I have hardly flopped any sets lately and I certainly haven't been winning any big hands when I flop sets. It just seems like lately every time that I flop a set they never any kind of hand that can pay me off. Well....this time they did have a hand that could "pay me off". Long story short...I flopped a set of 6's on Jc 6d 5d board...three of us got it all in on the flop for more than full buy-ins. One of my opponents had KK and the other one of course had top set with JJ. Obviously, I made quad sixes on the river to win a $1,334 pot for a profit of $890 on one hand of $400 NL!!! I could have gone on some pretty serious tilt if I didn't hit that miracle 6 and would have lost such a huge pot in set over set fashion after waiting for what seemed like forever to get involved in a big pot with a set. Anyway, I went on a serious heater after that and ended up having a decent day online.

Matt got in town today and we went to play some 5/5 PLO at the Wynn. We started the game and since there were only 4 of us and we were all friends we decided we would play some $10/point Chinese poker until the game started to fill up . I ran well in that and won $160 and then lost $66 playing PLO before I had to leave for bowling.

After my first two days of my 3rd week this is how it looks so far...

+$404 Online
+$96 Live

Pretty crappy so far, but I promise...I WILL go on an extended heater in the very near future!



No comments: