Monday, February 11, 2008

Some new goals and my first day of them....

I always have good intentions of hitting the gym and starting to eat better. Then I always tell myself that it won't workout, because I have such and such trip planned in the next few weeks and whats the point in starting if I am only going to be able to do it for a week or two. Well, I have decided it is time to really buckle down...for a while at least. I don't have any trips coming up and as far as I know I should be in Vegas at least for the next two months.

Usually, when I set goals for myself I have a really hard time staying motivated if I give myself too long of a time frame to achieve them. For example: I want to win X amount of money this year and play more hours of poker. However, I do really well accomplishing goals I set for myself if I set shorter and very specific goals. These new goals that I have come up with are a little bit more long term than I like setting, but I have faith in myself to stick to them this time.

Here is my newest set of goals:

Starting on February 10th and ending on April 1st.

1. I WILL lose at least 16.4 pounds. I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 236.4 and I want to get down to 220. However, when I got back from Louisville (February 5th) I weighed 241 so I have already lost 5 pounds somehow. I went to the grocery yesterday so I finally have some decent food to eat at home and I won't have to eat fast food for EVERY meal anymore. In fact I am going to attempt to try to not eat ANY fast food for the entire 7 weeks of these goals (basically impossible, but we'll see). I will also be going to the gym most days (definitely the hardest/most important part of this goal).

2. I want to play a minimum of 30 hours of online poker per week for the entire 7 weeks which comes out to 210 hours total. I am playing 9 tables at a time which ends up being about 625 hands per hour. This means I will be playing about 18,000 hands per week and 125,000 for the 7 week period...that is ALOT of poker my friends!

These would be two really great accomplishments for me and they certainly will be very difficult. It will be hard to avoid poker burnout, but if I can tough it out I stand to make lots of money :)

Well today was my first day of working towards my new goals and it was a partial success. I planned on going to the gym first thing when I woke up. I am sad to say it, but I couldn't get myself to go to the gym on the very first day! Instead I decided to set up my weight loss program on my dry erase board and hang it in my bathroom.....that way I'll be all set to go tomorrow...yeah right, I just didn't want to go to the gym and that was an easy way out. So goal #1 has yet to really get going full steam...tomorrow though!

As far as the poker goes....I put in a really good effort today. I played 6.3 hours and played a new personal record 3,962 hands! It was an awful start to the session, but the second half of it I went on a huge rush and it ended up being a really productive session.

Talk about a day with some big swings (click the image to get a bigger view).

No comments: