Sunday, February 17, 2008

After week #1 of my newest goals....

IT SUCKED! I played pretty well the whole week. There were times when I didn't play my best but its pretty much impossible to not have some lapses for that long of a time period. I played 14,400 hands online this week and I lost $2712. My goal was to play 30 hours and I played just under 28 which is pretty good considering I played about 6 hours of live poker as well. I made $1297 playing live, but that still puts me down $1,415 total for the week. All in all it was an incredibly frustrating week of poker and it felt like I lost $10,000 so I guess $1,415 isn't so bad when I look back on it. I started out the week playing 9 tables and was running pretty poorly and felt like I might be getting a little sloppy with my play so about halfway through the week I decided to drop down to 6 tables and tightened up a little bit. I had decent success doing that and I think I will start out next week doing the same until I start winning again and regain some confidence. My hourly rate will suffer a little bit playing 6 instead of 9, but winning is certainly better than losing!

I did not eat out ONE TIME the entire week, but I only made it to the gym once :( I think I lost about 4 pounds this week and I am slightly ahead of pace for my weight loss goal. It is tough to make myself go to the gym when I am losing at poker. I know it sounds stupid, but stuff just isn't as fun when you are losing as they are when you are winning.

I am confident that next week will be much better poker wise and that should make it a little easier to get to the gym. Even though I lost this week I am proud that I played the amount of hours that I wanted and did a good job sticking to my diet.

On a side note...I am really disappointed with Kelvin Sampson (IU's basketball coach) and Rick Greenspan (IU's athletic director).
1. Why can't Sampson follow the rules....again?
2. Why would Greenspan hire a known cheater?

I am terrified at what long term (5-10 years) ramifications this debacle could have on IU's basketball program. I guess we'll know more in a week and then even more in July. Soooo dumb. Also, keep your fingers crossed that DJ White's knee is OK...we can't afford for him to miss ANY games. I am pretty certain that Sampson will be fired eventually and I am already starting to wonder about who they might get to replace him. I do know someone who recently became available.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats on not eating out one time this week! that is almost unbelievable. derek