Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Swingy swings....

Well, apparently my idea that I wrote about in my last blog isn't as popular with my readers as I thought it would be. I have personally discussed my idea with every single one of my readers either in person, via instant mesenger, or email. That's right....I talked to all 6 of them and only one person agreed with me. Dad thinks public humiliation shouldn't be an option for punishment, Matt says that is a TERRIBLE IDEA, Nick agrees with me, Kevin (not a reader, but we discussed it) says no way (I wonder why?), but he does think that people who fail a driving test (me) should have to use special plates, and Josh says he likes the idea, but the plates shouldn't be permanent.

I think I probably agree with Josh the most of all those people. It would be a little bit ridiculous for someone who had a DUI when they were 21 to still be using special plates when they were dropping their kid off at school when they are in their 40's (assuming they have a clean record since their 1st DUI). So I want to revise my idea a little bit. If you are a repeat offender you get the plates for life....tough tittie said the kitty. First time offenders should have the plates and license for 3 years. If you still disagree with my idea then I hope all your loved ones are killed by a repeat drunk driver (that has the same plates he had the first time he got caught) this holiday season. Ok, I don't really hope that, because some of you that disagree with me consider me one of your loved ones and I don't want to die anytime soon.

Onto poker, The last 7 days of poker have been some of the swingiest days of poker I have ever played. I have either won or lost a minimum of $2100 each of the last 7 days. I ended up down $1915 during those 7 days, but I also ran over $5,000 below expectation during that span. I played over 40 hours online and over 16,000 hands during this time so I should be getting some pretty healthy rakeback for my hard work (probably around $6-700). I sure ended awfully badly by losing about $8,000 in the last two days alone. In fact I had probably the nastiest short term downswing I have ever had in the last two days. I lost almost $12,000 in about 1400 hands. That is impressively horrible and I am really glad I had been on such a nice run prior to the last two days. My last 25,000 hands of poker online have been break even, but it felt like anything but a break even period. There were lots of highs and lows in there, but it is what it is and I can't do anything about it now. I have made lots of improvements in my game and preparation lately and I am going to have much better results in the future from it.

I have lots of crap I have to get done before I leave for home today and there is not one of those things that I want to do....I can't wait!

No comments: