Saturday, November 15, 2008

Minor hiccup, but back on track....

I sometimes get what I call "computer eye" when I play too much online poker or spend too much time on the computer for whatever reason. It is a pain behind usually one eye and sometimes both, but almost always results in a pretty decent sized headache. The only real cure for it is to spend less time on the computer. Most of the time it isn't bad enough that I have to quit playing, but it is really annoying to have to deal with. I have been putting a lot more hours in online recently than I am used to playing, therefore, my computer eye had been acting up a bit. I woke up one morning after playing pretty late the night before and my computer eye was still lingering. I decided to try to play online anyway and I just wasn't in the right mood from the get go. I ended up losing about $2800 in a couple of hours and quit. I won a bit back later that night and then lost some goofing of playing PLO before I went to bed. The next day I decided to take the day off from poker and I went and played racquetball with my buddy, Joe Tehan. There were some decent fish playing that night and I decided to play for just a bit. They were playing 10/20 NL and I ended up getting involved in some big hands with some of the regulars that didn't go my way. I feel like I played well, but it just takes a few hands at those stakes to add up quickly. Anyway, I think I have lost about $4600 online since I last posted, but I have done awesome playing live the past two days.

I won $4200 yesterday and I won $6600 today playing 10/20 NL at the Bellagio. Obviously, I am running very hot in that game, but it is so nice feeling like the best player in the game the majority of the time I'm in it. I am making some big hands and staying out of trouble very nicely. If I can get myself to play like I do online that game seems like a breeze. By that I mean to just always make sure I am in position when I play big pots, keeping the pots small when needed, and picking my spots well as far as not getting tangled up too much with the other solid players in the game.

So despite the minor setback with the loss online I am still on my fantastic heater thanks to my live play success. It isn't an exact figure, but I think I am up somewhere around 31K in the last 10 days or so. So, since I have averaged winning $3,000/day for the last 10 days that MUST be my expected average win rate from here on out. Therefore, I can expect to make exactly $1,095,000 in the next 365 days.....I WISH!

I plan on playing some online tourneys tomorrow including the FTOPS main event. That would a a great tournament for my heater to continue in for sure!

No comments: