Saturday, November 8, 2008

I think I might be turning the corner....

I think I am finally starting to get to the point that I wanted to be at where I am comfortable playing higher limit games. I am starting to feel like I have a decent edge in most of the 5/10 NL games I play in online and just recently I have felt really good in the 10/20 NL games at the Bellagio when I have played them. I'll admit I have run really well the past two times I have played the 10/20 game at the Bellagio, but I think that is probably what it takes for me to get comfortable in the game. In the past two days online I have won $8,658 in almost 6400 hands and just over 13 hours of playing. Also, I won around $4,000 playing at the Bellagio. $12.6K in two days is preeeettty sweet if you ask me.

It is scary how much money it is possible for me to make if I can be a consistent winner in 5/10+ games online and 10/20 NL live.....I am definitely looking forward to the increased "salary".

I feel like I have put a lot of work in and made some big improvements in my game and I think Hold'em Manager has a lot to do with it. All the extra stats are really helpful once you get comfortable with them and know the proper way to apply them.

I know myself really well and it seems like everytime I have a boost in my confidence like I am currently experiencing I get cocky/complacent and stop working on my game or caring about the losses. I am going to make an effort to not let myself get out of grinding mode and try to just keep plugging away making solid profits. One thing that I think helps me to do this when I am online is to not check how much I am winning or losing until my session is finished. It unneccesarily affects my mood when I constantly check how much I am up or down during my session.

I am gonna go get a good nights sleep and get back on the grind tomorrow.

No comments: