Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tough to get motivated.....

I didn't play any poker for about 5 days after my tournament score partly because I was at Landon's lake house with no internet, but I was also weary of playing unmotivated poker which can be very dangerous. I felt like I wouldn't have my edge of being really patient and able to grind knowing that I had just won so much money and I was playing to try and win such a small percentage of what I had just won. I have played two really short sessions since then and thankfully I ran really well although I could tell me motivation and focus wasn't at its best...just as I thought it would be. I have probably only played about 2 or 3 hours total and I am up around $2500 which is very nice. I am trying to force myself to play a little higher than I am normally comfortable playing and hopefully I will become more comfortable since my bankroll is much more healthy these days. I have been playing some 3/6 and 5/10 cap PLO instead of mostly 2/4 and some 3/6. Of course the players are better there, but I still feel like players play PLO much worse in general than they do Hold'em so I think I will stick with PLO for the time being.

I am having fun thinking about what I am going to do with my new found money, but I want/need so very little that it is almost like I have to force myself to find things to spend it on. So far I have come up with a few ideas. I am considering lasik eye surgery, a new king size bed, a new cell phone, putting some money in my online stock account in case I get some random tips down the road and I want to take a shot, and putting a pretty good chunk of money in my retirement accounts. If you have any other ideas that you think I might be interested in please feel free to share them with me.

I must say....it is a pretty sweet problem to have when you can't think how to spend your money

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your father has a bithday coming up real soon and two tickets to visit you in Las Vegas would fit the bill real nicely. You asked so I thought I would tell you.

Dad