Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bored blog....

I am about to start playing for the day, but the first tournament of the day that I will be playing in doesn't start for an hour. I played my second FTOPS event yesterday and made another decently deep run. It was the $100 PLO with rebuys and I was in for $309. I ended up getting 64th place for $849. Its really a pretty big waste of time to play in tournament unless you are going to make the final table and hopefully get top 3, but that can't happen unless you play in them. So today I am playing the $215 Sunday Million on Stars and the $535 FTOPS main event along with some PLO cash games on the side. Hopefully I will get top 3 in one of these, but don't hold your breath.

I am trying to get back into swimming everyday again. Watching the Olympics got me re motivated to start working on my form again. In case you have never tried it let me just tell you that the little move that they do during the freestyle stroke where they flip around and push off in the opposite direction when they get to the wall is HARD! I am about 50 times more likely to get a nose full of water and be unsuccessful in my turn around than I am to successfully turn around when trying this move. Actually, I am a much bigger underdog than that to be successful considering I have tried it about 50 times and haven't done it correctly yet. However, if I do ever get that trick down I'll be in good shape, because I have a mean dolphin kick! I worked on that this morning too....I dove in and dolphin kicked it ala Micheal Phelps and I was shocked at how fast I had gotten to the other end of the pool with out taking a single swimming stroke. For some reason my dolphin kick angles me towards the bottom of the pool instead of back towards the top....I'll work on fixing that tomorrow.

This is pretty much what I look like when I swim. The move I am talking about is at about the 1:40 mark right at the end of the video.....so sick.

Well, they disabled this video from being embedded so you'll have to click the link if you want to see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax77_hHq9Dc

Speaking of the Olympics....I have an issue with the female marathoners. Basically, I don't think that they are dedicated enough to their sport or their country for that matter. These women probably weigh 100 pounds (if that much), but for some reason I see some of them sporting huge pony tails of hair sometimes half-way down their back! You say who cares huh? Well a marathon is 138,435 feet in distance and if you assume they average 6 feet per stride (just an estimate) that is over 23,000 steps per race. Some of these huge pony tails have got to weigh 2-5 pounds. I challenge you to do anything 23,000 times with something that weighs 2-5 pounds. I just can't believe that these women train their whole lives to be the world's best marathoners and yet they carry around a 2-5 pound weight on top of their head while running in the biggest race of their lives. Seriously, it is the Olympics, if you want to turn in the best possible time you can...shave you head! The part about them being 100 pounds is the worst part of all...they are carrying an extra 2-5% of their body weight around. If I had to do that it would be like running a marathon while having a gallon of milk strapped to my head....please tell me you see my point now!

No comments: