Friday, August 8, 2008

Always a bridesmaid and never the bride.....

But this time being a bridesmaid is pretty SWEET! I finished 3rd in the FTOPS Event #4 a $322 entry with one rebuy and one add-on allowed for a whopping $74,658. It hasn't really sunk in at all to be honest and I have no idea what to do to celebrate. I am at Landon's house by myself waiting for Jon and Whitney's flight to get in so I can go pick them up. Landon and Brittany are still at the wedding. Thanks to everyone that sent me good luck wishes during and after the tourney.

In other news I beat Landon in the $500 prop bet where I had to use a baseball mitt and throw the ball and he got a racket in a tennis match. We agreed to play a 3 set match and I won 7-5, 6-3. I was down 5-2 in the first set, but made a roaring comeback. He has since won $350 of that money back by beating me in golf and other tennis bets. A special congrats goes to Landon for beating me STRAIGHT UP at golf. I shot 91 and he shot 82 I think. In my defense I was using a rental set of clubs and the clubs seemed like they had womens shafts in them which made it feel like I was swinging a belt. I hit it all over the place and that is not good at Lake Forrest (literally out of bounds on the left AND right side of EVERY hole).

What in the world am I going to do with the $74,000 that I didn't have when I woke up today?!?! I have no idea, but I am sure I'll enjoy it whatever I choose to do with it!

2 comments:

The Cook Family said...

You can spoil your lovely niece Maggie:) Congrats on your winnings!!!

Unknown said...

Save it. Pay cash for a house.