Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 2 week 2.....

To my two blog readers that left anonymous comments, but let me know who they were thanks and I appreciate you reading....to the joker that left the anonymous comment and didn't let me know who they were....not funny! Actually, it is pretty funny and I would have been shocked had one of my friends not been such a wise guy.

Day two was a good day. I was able to play 5 hours this time while still playing 8 tables. I ended up winning $1870 and ran at 3.39 BB/100 today for just over 4,100 hands. It gives me the willys to think that this is "just another typical day" of me playing poker and it still doesn't seem like I should really be able to make so much money doing what I love.

Matt and I actually made it to the gym today, but I feel like the gym got me more than I got the gym. Matt tried to sneak in and was NOT smooth at all when the lady at the front desk caught him.....he acted surprised that he had just unintentionally walked past the desk where you are supposed to show your membership card to get in. Anyway, they made him sign up for a membership if he wanted to come in for the day. Since he plans on being out here a lot he went ahead and signed up for one full year. It was going to be $199 for just that gym for a whole year. Then they pulled some strings and gave him the "Super Sport Package" (a nationwide membership that gets you in to the really nice club that is in Summerlin) for only $250 for the year. Wait a minute I thought to myself.....He is getting the same membership I have for only $250 for a year and I am paying $70/month! I ended up renegotiating my contract, but it wasn't cheap to do it (for today anyway). For some reason the best deal they could give me was $999 for the year, but I got the next 3 years for free ($250 per year). After the 4 years are up I only have to pay $150/year for the rest of my life. So I am paying much less to be a member, but it still wasn't fun giving them $1,000 today!

Who knows what we'll get into tonight, but its time to go eat somewhere.

No comments: