Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shew!!

I ended up only making it for 18 hours of the scheduled 24 hour lock-in. I played from noon on Friday until 6 am on Saturday. I was up a quick $2,000 within the first 2 hours and then it was a pretty miserable next 11 hours or so and I ended up being down somewhere around $4,000 and I felt like I had no shot to get even no matter how long I played. However, around 1am I made a mental readjustment to my attitude and started listening to some Rage Against the Machine on my IPOD. I tried to get myself in the mindset of expecting to win and for good things to happen.

It is tough to be aggressive when you have the image of a losing player or someone who is running bad. If people notice that you are winning you get much more respect and people tend to fold to you MUCH more frequently. I sat up tall in my chair and tried to focus extra hard. I began noticing some spots where I could steal a pot here and there and things started to turn around. I climbed all the way back to only being stuck $500 until I rivered a straight at the same time someone else rivered a full house and I was back to being down $2400 at about 2:45am and I almost quit feeling like I wouldn't be playing my best and I would just have to take a loss for the night. Really soon after that I flopped a set of aces vs. two pair of aces and deuces and won about $2,000 getting me somewhere close to even again. Then a really drunk rich guy moved to our game and the game got fantastic once again. I ended up winning just under $4,000 for the 18 hour session and once the super rich guy went broke the game broke up and the main game didn't look very good so I just called it a night.

Obviously, I am super tired and need to hit the sack, but I am pretty proud of my somewhat gutsy performance in making such a big comeback after being stuck for so long. Nighty night.

No comments: