Thursday, January 15, 2009

I finally had my first good day of 2009

I am pretty proud of myself for it too. I had been playing too many tables (12 most of the time), and it was effecting my play all around. It seemed like I was stacking off lite left and right without even giving it a second thought. I would get to the end of a session and check to see how much I had won or lost and it was ALWAYS lower than I expected. Basically, I was just getting too careless. I was letting myself play poorly and not even caring, because I had so many tables going. It always sucks when you have to cut back the amount of tables that you play, because it feels much slower and seems like you won't ever make money anywhere close to as fast as you lost it. It seems like it really affects my confidence when I end up winning less or losing more than I expected in a session (I have still been waiting to look to see if I won or lost until the end of my sessions).

Anyway, today I cut back to 8 tables and tried to focus more on each table. I started the day off by losing the biggest hand I lost all day in a rather ridiculous way. I got all-in on the flop for $1200 with Qh Qd on a 8h 9s 6s board. I didn't feel great about getting it in there, but we put in $450 preflop and I wasn't going to fold now. I was relieved when he flipped over the other two queens...until it went running spades and he scooped the $2400 pot. I was really proud of the way I handled it though since I had been battling some slight tilt issues and not playing my best the past few days. I took some deep breathes and stared at the ceiling for 10 seconds or so, got up and ran to the fridge to get a drink, and returned perfectly calm as if nothing had happened.

So, even though I started the day down about $1800 within the first 500 hands or so I made a roaring comeback and ended up winning just over $5500. I needed to have a day like that. I am now officially in the positive for 2009. Hopefully, I won't look back from here on out!

1 comment:

StevenAdlerCoke said...

I bought a Chinaman's McDonalds today and he gave me the $5.05 thumbs-up. The best part is def. when the window-girl is explaining to the guy that he doesn't owe any $.