Friday, December 5, 2008

Random act of kindness....

It is one of my favorite things to do and for whatever reason it had been a while since I had done it, but I love paying for the person's order that is behind me in line in the drive thru at a fast food restaurant. I had to be awake again today at 8am to let the workers in to continue the repairs on our ceiling that was recently damaged when our roof leaked. Anyway, I woke up early and went to McDonalds to get some breakfast and I decided to pay for the person behind me today. It is so awesome seeing their reaction when they go to hand their money to worker and they tell them that it has already been taken care of by the car in front of them. They always looked so confused at first and then you can tell that you just made their day a little better. Today she looked up at me with a big smile and I gave her a wave just kinda saying "you're welcome". She then waved back and mouthed "Why?" and I have her a shrug as if to say back to her...."Why not?". She didn't stop smiling the whole time I was waiting to get my food...it is always much more fun to do when you can tell they are really appreciative and she clearly was. So, for $4.60 I estimate that I made her day and my day like $200 more valuable. That is a pretty sweet investment....$4.60 turned into $400 (2 x $200) worth of enjoyment. I recommend that you do the same the next time you are given the opportunity.

3 comments:

Perkins Family said...

I went to MickeyD's this morning...where were you man!

Stephanie

The Cook Family said...

You're a good guy!!

Anonymous said...

your good kid