Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Record =)

I broke my personal best daily winning record today. I won $4747 online and then went to the Bellagio and pretty much didn't lose any pots and ended up winning another $6831 there. That makes my new record for most money won in a single day $11,578. That is a pretty sweet feeling to win so much in a day, but honestly it doesn't feel like anything out of the ordinary happened. I had to make one tough call (I was right) at the Bellagio and I ran a little above expectation online. Its not like $11K is just another day at the office, but its not like I get the chills thinking about it or it is an amount that is going to change my life. When I won 74K in the tournament that was a very surreal feeling and I was on cloud nine for a few months, to the point where it negatively affected my poker game. I think it probably affected me differently to win so much in a tourney, because I almost felt undeserving of winning so much by risking so little and it was also very unexpected. When you win money in a cash game you have to risk all the money that you end up winning so you feel a little more entitled to it. Also, there is more of a realistic expectation as to how much you could possibly win.

I have been reading a book that was suggested to me by Nick and I find it really entertaining and insightful. The book is "Fooled by Randomness" and it basically just makes you aware of how much stuff that happens in life is a result of chance/variance rather than skill or hard work. I will have more to blog about this book when I am finished reading it, but it hard to re-explain the stuff that he talks about because he writes in a very concise style that isn't easily summarized.

Oh, I almost forgot! Tonight in my 10/20 NL game an attractive extremely drunk woman sat down to play with us. You could tell she definitely had a lot of money somehow and that she clearly didn't belong in this poker game. She then told us her husband was a baseball player so I asked what his name was...Kris Benson. I recognized his name and remembered him pitching for the Pirates and I think it was when he was a rookie. When she said Kris was her husband something was triggered in my memory and I recalled there being some kind of tabloid type publicity involving those two. Of course I immediately google'd "Kris Benson's wife" on my phone and before it had even finished I knew her name was Anna Benson. Anyway, when I got the results and clicked on the first link it told their story and also included some photos of her. There were some quotes of her saying stuff like "I told Kris that if he ever cheated on my I would sleep with the entire Mets organization (his team at the time)". The article also talked about how they got caught having sex in the parking lot in Kris's Tahoe and she talked about all the different baseball stadiums they'd had sex in. She was awful at poker, but somehow only ended up losing about $100 of the $1,000 that she had bought in for. She told us how she had sprained her ankle and broken her toe when she fell as she was running up the stairs, because she was in a hurry to get to Vegas to party. Anyway, she quit playing because her toe started hurting her and she didn't think she was going to be able to make it to her room. She wanted someone to push her in one of the chairs from the poker room all the way to her room, but she would not except the floorman's offer of providing a wheelchair for her. She ONLY wanted to get pushed in one of the chairs from the poker room. Long story short, she asked me if I would help walk her to her room and I obliged. On the way to her room she tried to steal one of those hover-a-round scooters that some handicapped person had left outside of the poker room. When we got to the elevators she obviously didn't have her room key or her any ID so they wouldn't let her up to the room. She first tried to call her husband on the hotel phone and dialed the wrong room and woke someone else up at 3:00am. Finally, she called Kris on his cell phone and I left her at the elevators waiting for Kris to come down and let her up. Just another normal night in Vegas!

Here she is in all her glory:





No comments: