Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sigh....

If I believed in jinxes I would say I jinxed myself by talking about not having had any big losses lately. I lost $3,000 playing 10/20 NL at the Bellagio :( I know I have a limited sample size in the 10/20, but I have been amazingly card dead during the times I have played it. They play super duper loose in that game, and there is a lot of money to be made if I could ever get a hand to play. I played for about 5 hours and had KK twice, AK once, AQ once, 99 once.
  • I folded 99 preflop to a tight short stack that raised it to $100 and I was out of position to the rest of the table (I would have flopped a set).
  • The first time I had KK I limped under the gun and it was one of about 10 pots the whole night that didn't get raised preflop. Qd Jd 5h flop, I checked and there was a bet and a raise by two tight players before it got to me so I just folded....one guy flopped Queens and Jacks.
  • The second time I had KK I had to chop when it folded to me in the small blind and the big blind was the biggest maniac you have ever seen.
  • When I had AK it was a straddled pot and I was in the big blind, about 5 limpers and I raised it to $320, the maniac that straddled just so happened to have AA that hand. He raised to $700 and I called and check folded on the ten high flop. I am not sure how to play this hand...I suppose it could be a fold preflop, because I know he isn't messing around since he knows how tight I am and I probably won't get much action if I flop a pair anyway (unless he has me beat with a hand like AA, which he had).
  • When I had AQ there was a few limpers and I raised it to $120 and 4 people called. The flop was AQJ. We got it all-in on the turn and he flopped a straight with KTos. I could have possible gotten away from this hand if I was deeper, but I only had $1600 in front of me to start the hand.
These are the kinds of live sessions that make me play so much more online than I do live. This boring stretch of cards would have come and gone without me even realizing it online and I would have had hands at 7 other tables at the same time to choose from. Josh and I are gonna go watch the Kimbo Slice fight now.

So, after my stupid set back from playing live these are my new results:

Online: +$12,558
Live: -$3,010
Total: +$9,548
Amount needed to reach goal: $10,452

I definitely have my work cut out for me now if I am going to reach my goal....gonna be putting in some serious hands tomorrow hopefully.

No comments: