Friday, October 3, 2008

Quick recap...

I played online for the last two days for a total of about 9 hours and I won $2,392. I played live last night for a couple of hours with Clint and Charlie and lost $351....even though I lost playing live I did pwn a guys face by smooth calling with KK preflop and folding on the flop when he check raised me on a QT6 board. He showed a set of queens and I lost the minimum for sure....sometimes I play too good for them :)


Thanks to my dad for pointing out that not only am I a luckbox in poker, but I am also a math retard (see comment for me previous blog).

My new correct progress report loks like this:

Online: +$11,131
Live: -$575
Total: +$10,556
Amount needed to reach goal: $9,444

I only have about a week left to get to my $20K, and it is going to be very tough...I am going to give it my best shot.

I am going to meet Clint, Charlie, and their ladies for dinner at the Bellagio somewhere and then go with them to their national softball tournament game.

**EDIT**

I played the 10/20 NL at the Bellagio for 4 or 5 hours tonight and won $565. I didn't realize I was down $575 playing live up until this point or I would have tried to squeak out another $10 somewhere. Anyway, this is an updated progress report:

Online: +$11,131
Live: -$10
Total: +$11,121
Amount needed to reach goal: $8,879

I have 5 days of playing left and it seems like my goal is within reach, but it is still going to be very tough. I have managed to make it this far without any serious losing days and if I can avoid them the rest of the way I think I have a good shot.

I think most of my readers probably already know, but just in case they don't Jeff Overton is leading the PGA tournament this week after 2 rounds of play. I'll be keeping an eye on him tomorrow while I plug away at my goal.

No comments: