Saturday, October 4, 2008

The shots are getting more comfortable to me....

I decided that I figured out the secret to feeling comfortable playing higher limits....play even higher! Seriously, then the limits you were wanting to be comfortable at don't seem so big and scary. I took some real shots today and it went ok I suppose. I noticed there was a full ring 25/50 NL game running on Stars today and I thought about maybe buying in short and seeing if I could double up or something. Then I decided that if I wasn't going to play it just like I had been playing the rest of my games I shouldn't be playing it. Therefore, I bought it for the full $5,000 and told myself if I noticed that I was playing scared at all I would make myself quit the game. There is no sense in taking shots if you are totally going to change up your style that has worked to get you to where you are now. I played fine, but didn't get in any good situations and I ended up losing $1600 or so....the good news is that it made me totally comfortable playing in the 5/10 games I was playing in. I also had two 10/20 games that I felt really good in as well. The 25/50 game got short handed and I quit, but I was running very hot and playing well on the rest of my tables. Then all of the sudden I got in a bunch of bad spots all at once and I could feel myself start to tilt a bit so I decided to stop playing. I was up as much as $4200 and I ended up winning $1427 in only about 2.5 hours. The $4200 would have put me on a really good pace to get to my goal, but $1400 helps out too.

I am gonna head to the Bellagio and put in a few hours there since I was feeling tilty online.

New Totals:

Online: +$12,558
Live: -$10
Total: +$12,548
Amount needed to reach goal: $7,452

No comments: