Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Short day, but a good one.

I only played about 3 hours today, but I still won a decent chunk of money. Our cable internet was finally supposed to be ready today, but of course when they came to set it up it couldn't go as planned. Our cable modem was linked to the account in my name and our account at our new house is under Josh's name so I had to be on the phone for about an hour getting that straightened out. Then once I got the modem working I couldn't get the router to work. I decided to take a break from fooling with that to play for a bit and I promptly got disconnected twice in about 15 minutes so back to work on the new internet I went. I finally got it working and played a fairly short session. I decided that I was going to give poker stars a try since they always have more full rung games running than full tilt does.

The games seemed pretty good there, but I suppose it could just be because none of the players on stars are used to the way I play. Then again, I don't know how they play either, but there seemed to be plenty of bad players on there.

On full tilt I lost $945, but I won $3689 for a total profit of $2,744. I need to get some poker tracker issues resolved with poker stars so I can just use that to see how much I won/lost each day.

Update on my challenge progress:

Online: +$9,508
Live: -$224
Total: +$9,284
Amount needed to reach goal: $10,716

That is some pretty good progress if I do say so myself! I still have about 8 or 9 days left to reach my goal. It will still be very tough, but I am really in the groove as far as my poker game and my willingness to put in the hours.

Time to go get some dinner and find something entertaining to do tonight.

**EDIT**
I couldn't think of anything exciting to do after dinner and I was bored so I decided to watch a cardrunner's video while I played two tables of 3/6 NL. I ran pretty well and won $734 in only 72 hands. I also goofed around and played some 30/60 Stud Hi/Lo with the intent to hit and run. I am definitely not a favorite in this game, but I thought it would be fun to goof around in. I ante'd off about $50 before I made a flush on my first 5 cards and he folded. I won $44 playing that a quickly left the game. So, I made an additional $778 to add to my challenge results.

They now look like this:

Online: +$10,268
Live: -$224
Total: +$10,044
Amount needed to reach goal: $9,056

Over half way there!

No comments: