Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I finally did some grinding....

I had planned on really grinding when I got back to Vegas and while I was playing quite a bit it was more gambling than grinding. I was playing mostly PLO and playing a little higher than usual and trying to win a lot of money quickly. My swings were pretty big both up and down with yesterday being a pretty big downer. I lost almost $5,000 yesterday, but I was up pretty good before that so it didn't hurt too badly. That is part of the problem...it never seems to hurt when I lose anymore, because I have so much money in my account and I know I won't really miss the money if I lose.

Well, today I really got back to the grind and played some of my bread and butter full ring no limit. I played mostly 2/4, but also included some 3/6. I played abut 3 hours and was up around $200 when I noticed myself not playing my best. I took a break, ate some lunch and then started playing again. I played much better and won some big pots in the next 3 hours. I ended up winning $2,221 in just over 6 hours of playing. I ran a little better than I can expect in the long run, but it wasn't too out of the ordinary to win that much in 3500+ hands.

Josh and I then went to the Bellagio and played 5/10 live for a couple of hours and I was in one of the best games I have been in a while. I won $710 there.

So for all the ups and downs I have had this week I am up about $1200 total. It could be better, but it could also be much worse.

Oh, before I went home for my reunion I was down to 212 lbs. I ate like a total pig while I was home and when I weighed myself just 2 weeks later I was at 221 lbs. This morning I was back down to 216. I have been eating great (except tonight I did eat some In and Out on the way to the Bellagio), but I'm having trouble getting my swimming done. Hopefully I can get back into the swimming again soon. I want to get to 200 or maybe lower, but I don't have any time frame to do this in.

No comments: