Monday, May 3, 2010

May Goals...

I have been reading a pretty cool book, recommended by my buddy Blake, about psychological influences on people in all kinds of different situations. It confirmed some stuff about goals that I have known for a while, but gotten away from as of late. Basically, goals have a much higher probability of happening if you declare your goals and especially if you write them down. I used to always use this blog to write down goals and then use it to monitor my success. I had very good success doing this in the past and I am going to try to get back to doing that this month.

Goals for May:

1. Play 120 hours of online cash games.
2. Play 50,000+ hands
3. Review/analyze at least 10 regular players games to help me improve and exploit them.
4. Make $12,000+ (I don't really like monetary goals since they are out of your control a lot of times, but I am pretty good about it not affecting my focus/play. However, it will still feel good once I achieve it).
5. I will not play 10/20 or higher. Its not that I can't afford to play in these games, but I can't play my best in them and the losses affect me more than they should. 10/20 killed me last month and I don't need to play that high to win the amount of money I am trying to win. I feel stupid having to write this down, but hopefully it will help me to not play in those games.

Thats all for now, I hope to keep up with progress reports at least a couple times per week.

So far (after one session):
1. 3 hours
2. 1687 hands
3. 0 players analyzed
4. -$536

2 comments:

Jaygiddy said...

What book were you reading? Im interested n reading it.

thakilla said...

How in the world did you find this old blog? Do I know you or did you randomly stumble on it? Anyway, this is the book: https://www.amazon.com/Influence-Psychology-Persuasion-Robert-Cialdini/dp/006124189X