Thursday, December 3, 2009

So I was doing some thinking in the shower...

...btw, lots of great thinking can be done in the shower.

Anyway, I had yet another epiphany about how lucky I am. I don't mean lucky in that I get luckier than most people (although that may be true as well), I mean that I am so lucky to have the "job" that I do and also to have the mental capacity to be successful at it. While I realize how lucky I am I realize what a shame it is to not try my absolute hardest to maximize my ability. People all over the world work much harder than I do to make way less money due to some or many different circumstances. Some of them aren't as smart, weren't lucky enough to have their passion to be as profitable as mine is, are smarter and work less hard than I do, or any other excuse you can think of. None of that should concern me. The only thing I should be worried about is maximizing my potential.

Anyway, I motivated/depressed myself thinking about how many great things I could accomplish if I put max effort into improving myself/poker game. I have an amazing head start on lots of people and I hope I can continue to progress at a pace that I know I am capable of.

I suggest you do the same.

No comments: