Saturday, December 19, 2009

plane blog

Time heals all wounds, but it doesn't take much to re-open them...

When I flew to Hawaii from Chicago about 4 years ago it was one of the most miserable times of my life as I sat in the middle of 5 seats in the middle section of the plane for 7 hours. Now all I really remember is how much fun I had in Hawaii and the flight is hardly a memory anymore.

Now I am on my way to Prague somewhere over the Pacific Ocean and we still have 2 hours left in our flight. My neck, both shoulders, both knees, and my back all hurt and I can't understand why anyone ever chooses to take flights this long. This feels like the longest 7.5 hours of my life...by a long shot. Nevermind that we already flew from Evansville to Chicago before this flight and we have a 4 hour layover in London and another 2 hour flight from there to Prague! Oh ya, we had to sit in our seats for an hour and a half while they de-iced our plane before we started on this wonderful journey.

I know that I will forget how much it sucks to be on flights like this and I'll be pumped about my next vacation to a far away land, but right now I'm making a completely empty promise to myself to never go on a flight this long again....it's the worst!

1 comment:

nickrainey said...

I would hate to be wrong, but I am 99% certain you flew over the Atlantic Ocean.