Saturday, August 1, 2009

The evolution of a mustache...

So Josh dared me a while ago to grow a mustache. We discussed some type of prop bet, but I wanted to be able to shave it in case some type of situation arose that I really didn't feel like being embarrassed in. Therefore I decided to do it just on a dare. I chose a time when I thought I would just be staying around the house and playing poker without seeing too many new people that I would have to either explain why I had a horrible looking mustache on my face or just swallow my pride and pretend like I really preferred to have a mustache. I planned on shaving it before I went to caddy for Jeff, because I didn't want to run the risk of being on TV with a mustache or even worse having Jeff win and me being forced to keep my mustache forever due to its good luck! Once Jeff decided not to play I decided that I would wait until Matt and Brooklyn came in town and I would show it to them before I finally shaved it off.

Anyway, here is the progression of my Mustache via some crappy quality pictures taken by my webcam. Enjoy!
















As you can see by the end of my expiriment I had really turned into a full grown man with a Burt Reynolds quality mustache....actually you can see that I officially grow the worst mustache in the history of mustaches and for some reason I grow ZERO hairs on what my little brother tells me is my philtrum. Believe it or not I could put my index finger on my philtrum and not touch any hair on either side!

I hope all 6 of my readers enjoyed the evolution of my mustache as much as I didn't enjoy letting it evolve on my face!

Another interesting fact about my mustache...I won about $9,000 and ran pretty well above expectation over the course of the 2 weeks or so that I had that hideous thing so maybe there was a little luck oozing out of the stash. If I start running bad again he may have to come back. So if you know what it good for both of us do your little rain dance to the poker Gods or whatever it is you do that you think will help to keep me running well.

Until the next mustache experiment.....this is me saying Adios Senor Mustache!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you could move your eyebrows down to your upper lip, you would have a honker of a "stash".

Anonymous said...

Surely you jest....that was 24 hour time photography... right? :)

thakilla said...

Leigh...I promise these photos are spread out with 1 taken per day for almost 2 weeks straight. Not much progress, huh?

Anonymous said...

ummm...the evolution of the mustache is fking amazing.. yes the gap is huge which has me laughing to tears...great post