Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Great success!

I am pretty proud of my first day of the challenge. I took two of the worst beats possible and I still won $880 on the day. I am proud to say that $400 of those winnings came without a show down...woot! woot!. I don't usually talk about bad beats, but these two were pretty spectacular so I'll give you a brief summary:

I got it all in on the flop with 88 on a 8c 4x 2c board against a short stack that had the nut flush draw and another full stack that had a set of 4's. The set of 4's made quad 4's to win the $2400 pot.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3814216


I got it all-in on the flop for $1k each with AA vs. AKs on a As 8s 4x board. It came running spades and he scooped the $2k pot. I shouldn't have been surprised though, because my roommate Kevin was sweating that hand and giving me advice about how I should just call and check raise the flop and blah blah blah. Anyway, Josh and I can both confirm he is certainly a black cat when he is watching you play.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3814204

I was about a 96% favorite in the second hand and 70% for the main pot and 95% side pot in the first hand.

Neither one of them really bothered me too badly. I get much more affected when I make poor plays that cost me money than I do when I take a bad beat. I played really well all day and I am happy that I managed to win today despite those two hands. Those two hands could have easily went my way in which case I would have won well over $5,000 on the day.

So far in my challenge I am almost exactly on pace. I played for 4.9 hours and 2463 hands. My red line is in the positive, but I am only running at 3.58bb/100 (winning either one of those hands would put me well above the 8 I am shooting for).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you mix up the wrong chemicals and blow up your computers? What happened to the experiment?

Anonymous said...

He is a quitter....

gqb30612 said...

Now that I have updated my blog, you should fall in line as well.