Saturday, June 28, 2008

Same ole, Same ole......

More of the same today, which is a really good thing.

After I posted my blog last night I played a quick session and ran/played pretty badly and lost back about 800 of what I had won yesterday, but I had another solid day today.

I played golf today and shot another frustrating 80. That is all I ever shoot it seems. It doesn't matter how well or poorly I play I somehow end up shooting 80 at the end of the round. Sometimes it is 79 and sometimes it is 81, but it never seems to get any lower. I have been hitting the ball great lately, but I just can't seem to score very well. I think there are several reasons for that.

1. One of my best attributes of my golf game (poker too) is that I am a grinder and I don't give up or get angry easily.
2. In order for me to grind I like to be able to really take my time on certain shots and also each extra shot has to mean something (for example: a stroke play tourney).
3. We are usually not playing for any serious money (I hate gambling with friends for meaningful money) and I don't have anything except pride on the line.
4. With the people I play with in Vegas I feel like I am always holding up the group and I hate that feeling so I usually am a bit rushed on some shots that I would like to take some more time for. I am trying to get comfortable with playing a little faster, but it is tough when you have played a certain pace your whole life.

I am certainly not complaining though, just gathering my thoughts about how I can improve on my scoring. You can't beat playing TPC for free everyday and eventually I will get comfortable playing faster and I will start to score a little better. Hopefully, it is sooner rather than later. I feel like I am hitting it well enough to post some rounds around or maybe even under par....which would be pretty cool.

I played more PLO today and won $890, which isn't quite enough to keep the doctor away but it'll do.

I also tried to swim when I got home from golfing, but I had just eaten a club sandwich and it wasn't sitting too well so I had to cut it short.

I'll have to remember to swim on an empty stomach in the future or at least wait 30 minutes to get in the pool like they tell you when you are a kid.

Well, it is almost 1:00 am so you know what that means.....it is time to head to the grocery store to do some late night shopping. I need to get to bed at a decent hour if I can though, because I am thinking about playing in the $1500 NL WSOP tourney tomorrow if I can get up in time.

No comments: