Thursday, June 26, 2008

Once I start I don't stop....

I posted my first blog in a long time yesterday and I am making myself post another one today just to try to get myself back in the habit of doing it.

I woke up around noon today and started with my typical bowl of Resse's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal. I passed on golf today since I had already started playing poker when Nick decided to go. Unfortunately, I busted my Cake Poker account so I won't be able to play anymore on there. Its not really a big deal since I think people are having serious trouble getting money off there anyway. I also played some more PLO on Full Tilt while I was losing on Cake Poker and I continued to run super hot there. All total I ended up winning about $1,450 today which is very encouraging. I always jokingly say that $1,000 a day will keep the doctor away, but it does feel like I have made decent progress any time I win more than $1,000 in a day. I am averaging around $1K per day for the last 8 days in a row which is some very nice progress.

It was kind of a struggle to get myself to do my swimming today since I wasn't dying to get in the pool like I am when I get home from a day at the golf course. Once I get in the pool and start my swimming it isn't bad at all. Even though the swimming is a really tough cardio workout I find it pretty relaxing and I actually get to do a lot of thinking while I swim. Swimming is 100 times more enjoyable to me than running or riding a bike for several reasons.
  • It doesn't hurt your feet or shins.
  • You don't have to deal with sweat issues.
  • You can take breaks whenever you want.
  • It is kind of fun to practice having good swimming form (even though I have no idea what I am actually supposed to be doing).
  • You don't ever feel hot, just out of breath and that is a good feeling to me.
  • I look super cool in my goggles and ear plugs while I swim.
In case you were trying to imagine what I would look like in my sweet goggles, I set up the camera to get a picture of me while I was swimming. You might not recognize me in my goggles and swim cap, but here it is anyway....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you grow a mustache?

Dad

Anonymous said...

great form, you should be in the US trials today!