Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm sorry, he isn't in right now.....

If you were coming to my blog to see my doctor I apologize....he didn't need to come today.

I thought for a while that I might not be able to keep the doctor away today, but it just took me a while to get going. I hovered between even and +$400 for a long time today and then towards the end of my session I started running hot again and ended up winning $1,189. I think this might officially qualify me as being on a heater. I am not exactly sure how much I have won, but it is somewhere around 12 or 13K in the last 12 days.

However, I did notice myself losing interest in playing today and doing other things while I was playing like chatting or searching the internet. This tends to happen when I go through long stretches of success and it is very dangerous. You feel like you can't lose no matter what you do and you let your guard down and stop playing as focused as you were. I am really proud to say that I can notice this stuff as it is happening and don't wait until it is too late to try to fix it. Usually, a small break from poker will cure it. So, tomorrow I am playing in the $1500 NL WSOP tourney. I know that isn't a break from poker, but it is something entirely different than grinding online. I might take one more day off to play golf after that and then back to crushing them.

I'm getting hungry so I am gonna go see what I can come up with.

No comments: