Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I lied....

I wasn't going to get luckier in my next wsop tourney or the one after that. I have played 3 tourneys and lost all 5 coinflips I was involved in.

I lost 33 vs. K9 (52.5%)
I lost AK vs. QQ (42.6%)
I lost QJ vs. 33 (48.6%)
I lost K9s vs. QJs (56.2%)
I lost open ended straight flush draw vs. one pair (49.9%)

Winning any one of those could have greatly impacted my chances in any of the tourneys, but it wasn't meant to be. The odds of me losing all 5 coinflips are 3.04%.

I really don't think I could have done anything any better than I did in the tournaments I played and that is why tournaments REALLY suck. I will not be playing the main event this year. I don't feel like wasting $10,000 and being at the mercy of being card dead and/or being unlucky in another forced coinflip situation. The good news is I won't have to leave my houseboat trip a night early like I thought I would to make it back to play in the main event.

Josh and I talked about a possible prop bet of some sort where I have to grow out ONLY a mustache and no other facial hair for at least one month. I have never had any facial hair other than whatever grew during lazy periods of not shaving. I think it would be pretty awesome if I grew a Jim Dangle style mustache, but I am not even sure if I am capable of it.

If you guys are lucky maybe I'll grow a sweet mustache and take a picture for you wearing some shorts like his too.

3 comments:

sewster said...

No thanks. I like you just the way you are.

Anonymous said...

bring on the cop-stache! d

Anonymous said...

Last confrontation of tournament means little -- shouldn't you be focusing more on hands prior to your last coin flip?


What caused you to be in such a desperate situation?