Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu

The last I saw, the US had one death from the swine flu and it was some kid from Mexico that was brought here for treatment. I think it is pretty ridiculous that people get so worked up over something that has as close to a zero chance as possible without actually being a zero chance of killing them, just because it is a new disease they hadn't heard of before a week ago. I have seen about 4 people wearing allergy masks that were obviously to protect them from contracting the swine flu. There are two things that really really bug me about these people. 1. All 4 of the people were old fat ladies. Let's not worry about being old and fat killing us (only about a million % more likely), but we have to protect ourselves against a practically mythical swine flu! 2. All 4 of these old fat women were wearing their stupid masks not on their mouth, but around their neck! If you are going to be stupid enough to wear one of those awful masks at least put it over your mouth. If there has to be another person that gets fatally infected with the swine flu, I hope it is one of these old fat ladies with their mask around their neck.

Excuse me for being totally over the top condescending, but I am reading "A Catcher in the Rye" and Holden Caulfield is hilariously condescending and it must have rubbed off on me. I'm gonna try to get a picture of one of these old bags for you...stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on the bright side of things you can get a hell of a deal on a trip to Cancun these days. this guy will be taking advantage of that, and taking his chances with swine flu.