Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ahhh, feels so good :)

It doesn't happen too often in poker where you get total satisfaction. In cash games you could have always have done something different or better to squeeze out a few extra dollars. In tournaments you rarely win, but when you do win you forget about any mistakes you made or any small edges you could have pushed harder. If you win the tournament (without chopping) you accomplished the best possible result. Even if you would have played better you could not have made anymore money for that given tournament.

What I am getting at is....I won a tournament today! Matt was sweating me online and once I got down to heads up he suggested I mention making some kind of deal with my opponent because he felt like he was a pretty good player. He was a good player, but since I had been doing so well lately and I really wanted to just win something out right I opted not to mention it and just played him for the whole shebang. I caught some decent cards, played well, and made quick work of him to take down the $55 tourney with 1 rebuy and 1 add-on for a cool $18,665.

That was a fantastic cap to an already good month of poker for me and hopefully February will be just as productive. I doubt I will win as much money in February as I did in January, but if I can stay motivated and work just as hard I will consider it a success regardless of my results.

BOOYAKASHA!

2 comments:

sewster said...

You played 8+ hours against 768 people and won the whole shebang. Now those are some odds! Booyah!

Buffalo B said...

Congratulations for the good result!
My name is Jessica and I am looking for advertising opportunities on quality blogs like yours. Please contact me at jessy.maxwell@googlemail.com and I’ll give you the details. Please state the name of your blog as I may not be able to tell from your email address! Thanks, Jessica.